over 7 years ago
Thanks for registering for the ConnectNYC Fiber Access Program! New York City recognizes how important secure and reliable high-speed Internet is to growing companies, and we're thrilled that you've taken the first step to obtaining free construction and installation of fiber cable to your business' office space.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until December 12, 2013, or until the available allocated construction funds are exhausted (up to $14 million in fiber construction cost coverage). In other words, the funds could be snapped up in a New York minute, so you're encouraged to apply ASAP.
- Review the resources page to learn more about how your business can benefit from fiber.
- Confirm that your business satisfies the eligibility criteria and requirements.
- Explore the list of participating Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
- Talk to your landlord about the ConnectNYC Fiber Access program and the required Point of Entry Agreement.
- Submit your application by completing the online application form.
Your application will be evaluated based on the potential impact of fiber on your business and feasibility of fiber construction at your building's location. Approved applicants who successfully negotiate a one-year service contract with one of the five participating ISPs will be given an approximate construction date by their respective ISPs.
Please note that in order to qualify for construction of free fiber optic wiring, you must sign a service contract for at least one year with a participating ISP.
- The ConnectNYC Fiber Access Program Team